Friday 27 March 2020

When a picture really does speak a thousand words!

So here we are, end of week two of isolation. If I'm honest the days of this week have just seemed to merge into one, everyday being much the same. I did manage to sit in my garden for an hour yesterday though which was lovely. (It is very isolated and I was alone.)

The current times are incredibly tough in different ways for different people. An online friend of mine yesterday, however, opened my eyes to the fact that despite what is currently taking precedence in the news and absolutely rightly so, there are still people dealing with their own current heartbreaking situations. I'm not going to discuss the situation as it's not my story to tell, but it just goes to prove that right now despite not being able to go and see someone, people still need you, they just need to know you're still there, so pick up the phone, video call your friends and family, sometimes seeing a face is all you need.

So what have I done this week outside of my designated working hours? I've started to read a book called Malala - it's about the girl who campaigned for girls rights to education and subsequently got shot, it's a very good read so far!

I've made choc chip cookies.. mmm.. and homemade Pasties.

I also had some company from Bob our partially adopted street cat, I say partially as he comes and goes when he pleases, sometimes stays for a sleep, sometimes doesn't.

Oh and drink... I've had copious amounts of prosecco and Brandy with Baileys! (Not together or on the same night!) but it would seem that drinking on a school night doesn't really matter when you can't go to school!

OOPS!!




I'm going to leave you with this last image... When a picture really does speak a thousand words. Thank you to every single person in our NHS.



No comments:

Post a Comment