Saturday 4 April 2020

Please stay home. I don't want Covid -19!!

Morning, afternoon or evening inmates, depending when you're reading this... that is if you're reading it at all.

"Only when normal things are not normal anymore, do we realise how special normal things are."

Almost the end of week 3! It's definitely the small things I miss, the really silly things, the freedom to go to the shop, to go for a walk (ok, that doesn't happen often) but it's when you can't, that's when you realise just how important these little, seemingly,insignificant things are.  Being able to call round to my mums for a cup of tea and a chat which almost always ends up in us putting the world to rights!

I've heard and read some very unsettling things in the media this week. I try not to pay too much attention because, sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between real and fake news particularly on social media, but, when you read that people unlikely to survive Covid-19 won't be offered life support (or a ventilator) and are been asked to sign a DNR (do not resuscitate) that statement alone fills me with dread. That's because potentially and I stress potentially, I'd be one of those people who would fall into that category if I were to fall that seriously ill. Now I'm not silly enough to think that it's that clear cut, but to put it bluntly that's the reality..
I suppose if I really sit and think about it... no...I don't understand it, not at all. I know that I didn't get this far, to only get this far! So please when your thinking about just popping round next door, I mean it can't hurt can it? or just popping to that park, or beauty spot, or beech, I mean what harm could it do right? You are potentially taking someones chance at life away from them, that's the harm, that's the risk... Put the shoes on, imagine that someone is someone you love, someone you couldn't live without!
Equally as bad, imagine someone you love circums to this god awful virus and your not there, you can't even be there to say goodbye at their funeral (if you call it one of those, with no one there to say goodbye.) I don't think I could ever come to terms with that.

So please, just do as you're being asked to do, after all, it's gotta be easier than the alternative.

Take care, much love! xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment