Friday 20 March 2020

Pause and reflect.

One week of self isolation completed with many more to go... I'm not going to say staying in the house is easy by any means but I suppose when I think back to 2011 and the time directly after my transplant whilst in ICU and other hospital wards I was self isolating then, couldn't be in busy public places or use public transport, that lasted around 3 months too so I'm figuring I've got this!

I've missed the hussle and bussle of school life this week, my colleagues and just the general feeling of being a part of something.

But throughout the week whilst working from home I've taken moments in my day to just stop, pause and reflect.

The sun is still shining, the birds are still singing, and there's hope, there's always hope.

If you are self isolating for whatever reason then keep going, it's difficult but you've got this. Use this opportunity to do other things that you wouldn't ordinarily have the time to do, read the book, listen to the music, learn to play the instrument that's been sat in your room for almost a decade, untouched because you simply don't have the time.

Pen a letter to a friend, forget emails and other technology, go back to old fashioned pen and paper.


The above is how I'm using my time when not completing work tasks.

Stay safe, and above all listen to the advice from the government and medical professionals, because like it or not, they kinda know what they're talking about.


"Dum spiro spero" - Whilst I breathe I hope.










No comments:

Post a Comment