Wednesday 7 October 2020

Break in the glass moment.

 So here we are 7 months on and the pandemic has altered people lives in both enormous and small ways. 

My experience of how the lockdown started was a bit surreal, I was sent home from work at the beginning of March and told to work from home, and from there things just seem to have escalated quickly, then things started to look a little brighter, I even made it back into work for 5 days before I was told to go and work from home again and now cases in the UK seem to be soaring once again, I've heard that colleagues have become ill with Covid some more than others. 

I like to think that there have been some positives to emerge from all of this, have we changed into a kinder more caring society? Has kindness rubbed off on people? More people (perfect strangers) seem to say hello in the street, work emails and meetings always start with something personal, and show care for the recipient or meeting attendee. There appears at least at face value to be plenty of support on offer for those who need it, we would appear to have become a more caring society. 

Still, I miss normal life. I miss going to work, my colleagues, the random conversations that only happen in the admin kitchen, I miss been able to pick up my nephews from school, I miss meeting friends after work. I miss celebrating birthdays and occasions, so many have passed by already this year with no real celebration. 

Most of all, I miss doing spontaneous things; going for a coffee, to the pub, to the coast overnight just because we feel like it. 

I hope with my entirety that this will all have been a sacrifice worth making to ensure that we can return to life as we knew it, to some kind of life as it was. Currently it feels a little like we're all just waiting for that 'break in the glass' moment. 


Until next time

Shez xx























No comments:

Post a Comment